Thursday, December 24, 2009

New Plan

I can't believe today is Christmas Eve already! This year has just flown by. I made the hard decision to stay in the Twin Cities for Christmas instead of driving home to be with my family, due to the winter storm that much of the country is currently experiencing. The roads weren't terrible this afternoon, which is when I would have been traveling the roughly 2 hours back to my hometown, but I was more concerned about getting back tomorrow night since I work early Saturday morning. I was pretty bummed about the decision since Christmas with my family has always been something I look forward to all year, but I talked to my mom and we decided that we would all wait until next weekend to celebrate Christmas. Now that that is all settled, I'm looking forward to just having a relaxing day off tomorrow. I plan to play guitar, read a book, drink some coffee, and go for a long walk in the snow! Some people think it's strange, but I would much rather go for a walk in the rain or snow than for a walk on a sunny day. That's just how I am; if it's raining, instead of using an umbrella or running for cover, I'll be the one walking slow enjoying the fresh smell and taking it all in. So now that I'm going to be here, bring on the snow!


No comments:

Post a Comment